LIST AND DESCRIPTION OF BOOKS ON "CLASSIC CHRISTIAN READING MATERIAL" #2
1. BOSWELL-HARDEMAN DEBATE Debate conducted in 1923 between Ira M. Boswell and N. B. Hardeman on the subject of instrumental music in worship. (240 Pages)
2. CHRIST OR MODERNISM W. W. OTEY. A discussion of the influence of "modern translations, etc." as relating to the subject of the Virgin Birth of Christ, His Resurrection, etc. (200 Pages)
3. CLUBB-BOLES DEBATE Debate between M. D. CLUBB AND H. LEO BOLES in 1927 on the subject of instrumental music in worship. (156 Pages)
4. COMMENTARY ON ROMANS ISAIAH BOON GRUBBS Published in 1913. This is one of the good old commentaries from the past that has been quoted frequently by more modern writers. (193 Pages)
5. CROWE-KIERAN DEBATE GLENN CROWE and EDWARD KIERAN discussed the subject of which church is the N. T. Church Roman Catholic or Church of Christ. (100 Pages)
6. EVENINGS WITH THE BIBLE, Vol.. 1 ISAAC ERRETT. First printed in 1884. Studies from the Old Testament presented in lessons that can be easily read in one session. (350 Pages)
7. EVENINGS WITH THE BIBLE, Vol.. 2 ISAAC ERRETT. First printed in 1883. Studies from the Old Testament presented in lessons that can be easily read in one session. (337 Pages)
8. EVENINGS WITH THE BIBLE, Vol.. 3 ISAAC ERRETT. Studies from the New Testament presented in lessons that can be easily read in one session. (377 Pages)
9. EVOLUTION E. A. ELAM, editor. Printed in 1925. A series of eighteen lessons written by various authors on the subject of evolution. This book was written at the time of the famous "Scopes Monkey Trial. (320 Pages)
10. HANDBOOK ON BAPTISM J. W. SHEPHERD. Originally published in 1894. N. B. Hardeman, in his Introduction to this 500 page books says: 1. The testimony of Quakers and infidels is given because they are disinterested parties. 2. The book has no rival, for it includes Action, Subjects, and Design. 3. Much of the matter given has never appeared in print before, as it is contained in letters written to the editor. 4. The quotations are taken directly from the original works of the authors quoted. 5. Nearly five years were spent in gathering the material. 6. More than four hundred of the most learned men the world has produced, from the apostolic times to the present day, have been quoted. 7. Utmost care has been taken to give each quotation exactly as found in the author's own work, even to punctuation, Italics, etc. 8. The testimonies are all from disinterested parties, like the Quakers or infidels, or from "the party of the other part"that is, Pedobaptists testify on the action and subjects of baptism, while both Baptists and Pedobaptists testify on the design.
11. HOW THE DISCIPLES BEGAN AND GREW M. M. DAVIS. (1915) A interesting study of the early development of the efforts to return to N. T. Christianity during the early 1800s. (235 Pages)
12. NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY, Vol.. 1 Z. T. SWEENEY (1923). A collection of twenty full length sermons by some of the "Pioneer Preachers" on a variety of subjects. (490 Pages)
13. NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY, Vol.. 2 Z. T. SWEENEY (1926) A collection of twenty full length sermons by some of the "Pioneer Preachers" on a variety of subjects. (480 Pages)
14. NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY, Vol.. 3 Z. T. SWEENEY (1930) A collection of twenty-one full length sermons by some of the "Pioneer Preachers" on a variety of subjects. (558 Pages)
15. NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH GEORGE BUTTERFIELD (1942). This book contains a series of twenty-five lessons on the New Testament Church in outline form. (45 Pages)
16. OLIPHANT-SMITH DEBATE Debate between W. L. OLIPHANT (Christian) and CHARLES SMITH (Atheist). Debate was conducted in 1929. Good material. (181 Pages)
17. RULES FOR BIBLE STUDY DR. CARROLL KENDRICK. This 280 Page book, first printed in 1890, is outstanding in dealing with establishment of Biblical Authority.
18. RUSSELL-WHITE DEBATE CHARLES T. RUSSELL and L. S. WHITE. This debate took place in 1912. Russell was the founder of the "J.W." movement. (200 Pages)
19. SERMON OUTLINES AND BIBLE STUDIES ON THE BOOK OF ACTS I. A. DOUTHITT. A unique treatment of the book of Acts. Each chapter has a detailed outline that can be used for class studies and sermon preparation.
20. SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISM RENOUNCED D. N. CANRIGHT. First published in 1889. The author was closely associated with the founders of Adventism for a number of years. He offeres much material to answer the errors of this group. (419 Pages)
21. SEVENTY YEARS IN DIXIE F. D. SRYGLEY. First printed in 1891. This 400 page book is filled with interesting stories that were told to the author by T. W. Caskey and others.
22. STARK-WARLICK DEBATE J. CARROLL STARK and JOE S. WARLICK discuss
the proposition "The Word of God authorizes the use of instrumental
music for praise in the church of Jesus Christ." This debate took
place in 1903. (195 Pages)
23. THE ABRAHAMIC PROMISES FULFILLED E. V. ZOLLARS (1913). 195 Page book discussing the "Land Promise" to Abraham.
24. THE CHRISTIAN AND THE GOVERNMENT JOHN T. LEWIS (1945). This 420 page book is a review of positions advocated by various writers during the early 1940s during WWII.
25. THE COMMISSION EXECUTED E. V. ZOLLARS (1912). A 316 (26 Chapter)Page book on conversions, etc.
26. THE GREAT RED DRAGON (or THE MASTER KEY TO POPERY) ANTHONY GAVIN. An ex-priest tells of the corruption of the Catholic church. (408 Pages)
27. THE GREAT SALVATION E. V. ZOLLARS (1895). 279 Page book. Contains discussion of "fundamental" bible subjects.
28. THE OLD FAITH RESTATED, Vol.. 1 J. H. GARRISON, editor. First published in 1891. Contains eight full length sermons by preachers from the "Restoration Movement." (266 Pages)
29. THE OLD FAITH RESTATED, Vol.. 2 J. H. GARRISON, editor. First published in 1891. Contains eight full length sermons by preachers from the "Restoration Movement." (228 Pages)
30. THE WORD OF TRUTH E. V. ZOLLARS (1910). 344 Pages. A great book on various subjects relating to the Bible. This is good material for sermon preparation of lessons on the Bible.